Home 9 Property 9 Auctions

Purchasing a property at auction requires quick action and our specialised solicitors understand that time is of the essence not just during the auction but throughout the conveyancing process if you are successful.

If you’re considering buying at auction, feel free to contact our auction conveyancing team at 0208 904 7725 for more information or a no-obligation free quote.

Legal packs at auctions

Before committing to purchasing a property at auction, it is crucial to be fully informed about your potential purchase. Once you have selected the properties you are interested in and researched the market rates in the area, it is important to thoroughly examine the legal pack that is provided by the vendor’s solicitor.

Our services

An auction pack usually includes copies of the following documents:

  • Special conditions of sale
  • Title deeds
  • Leases
  • Office copy entries
  • Searches
  • Replies to pre-contract enquiries

It is essential to have a solicitor review these documents to identify any potential issues. For example, issues with the legal title of the property or environmental concerns, etc.

Although it may seem unnecessary to review the legal pack before owning the property, it can help you avoid costly problems in the future.

If you would like a member of our team to review the legal pack before purchasing a property at auction, please call us on 0208 904 7725 or a quote.

The auction process

Once a deposit of 10% has been paid during the auction, we comprehend the need to meet the set completion date, with the remaining 90% of the property value typically paid within 28 days. Our team can swiftly assimilate the packs provided by the vendor’s solicitor, which includes all necessary legal documents such as special conditions of sale, title deeds, property search findings, and details of pre-contract inquiries.

As an auction is a binding legal process, we understand the significance of handling your conveyancing in the most effective way possible. We offer fixed-fee conveyancing services at competitive rates for properties purchased through auctions.